job_081419a: Sr. Mechanical Engineer, Brewbird Coffee (San Mateo, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 17:01:13 -0700

Do you love awesome coffee? Yeah, we thought
so. At Brewbird, you are going to make tech that
will transform everyone into a champion barista
(unless you already happen to be one). As a core
member of our engineering team, you will be
involved in all stages of design and development,
from initial concepts and architecture design, to
testing and launch into offices and homes.

Working at the intersection of hardware,
software, and coffee, Brewbird is building
technology to make it easy and affordable for
everyone to have a perfect cup of coffee where
they live and work. And we want you to be a part
of it. We're backed by some of the best venture
funds in the Bay Area, as well as numerous
industry leaders and veterans. If you are excited
to work at the ground level and get deeply
involved in all facets of engineering (all the
while drinking the best coffee), we would love to chat with you!

What You'll Be Working On:

Brewbird is seeking a versatile and motivated
mechanical engineer to join our rapidly growing
team to help us fundamentally change how people
access coffee. In this role, you will be
collaborating closely with our industrial design
group to evolve the design aesthetic and user
experience for the brewer. This will involve
conceptualizing mechanical designs and
strategically balancing theory, schedule, and
cost to ensure project success. You will perform
engineering analysis of parts and assemblies that
can include: stress, fatigue, lifetime,
manufacturability, failure modes, and cost.
Ultimately, the goal is to bring the Brewbird
product to life in a contract manufacturing
setting, focusing on critical aspects of design
for manufacturing and optimizing assemblies.

Desired Qualifications:

· BS/MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree

· 5+ years’ experience taking
mechanical designs successfully from concept to validation and deployment

· Proficiency in with Solidworks or similar CAD software

· Practical working experience with
Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)

· Experience working with suppliers, vendors and CMs

· Knowledge of rapid prototyping,
design-for-manufacture, and design-of-experiments

· Strong presentation and communication
skills for driving critical design decisions

· Ability to travel up to 20%

Benefits:

At Brewbird, we put our people first. In addition
to a competitive compensation package with
meaningful early stage equity, we provide our
employees with flexible paid time off to relax
and recharge. We also offer a generous
employer-paid healthcare coverage, company
sponsored team lunches, unlimited
coffee/beverages, and a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking.

Please send resumes to careers_at_brewbird.coffee

Brewbird is an equal opportunity employer and
value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status,
or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Potential applicants should communicate directly
with the contact listed in the posting. Please
do not "reply" to the posting messages.

Job postings are archived at http://www-design.stanford.edu/~ddivjobs/

Note: The job postings distribution list
contains several distribution lists: Design grad
students, ME310 alumni, ME218 alumni, ME jobs
list, etc. Members of multiple lists will
receive multiple copies of postings. Please
excuse the duplication. Thank you.