job_021220d: Software Engineer - Vehicle Dynamics and Controls, Zoox (Foster City, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 18:31:45 -0800

<https://jobs.lever.co/zoox/e33d1ab8-195e-4cbf-9b50-b252c6049320>Software
Engineer - Vehicle Dynamics and Controls
Work Location: Foster City, CA
Send resumes to <mailto:Brandon_at_zoox.com>Brandon_at_zoox.com

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6L-wu-nssM>Software
Engineering at Zoox (Two minute YouTube video)

Zoox is transitioning from a world of human
operated vehicles to a world of autonomous
vehicles. In this role, you will not only support
existing methods of autonomous vehicle control,
but also explore new dynamics and controls
frameworks possible when unconstrained by a human
driver. This work will begin in simulation,
progress to on-vehicle testing, and lead to
algorithmic choices in a production system.
We’re looking for an engineer experienced
controlling real vehicles and ready to explore new possibilities.

Qualifications
    * Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in vehicle
dynamics and control or related field
    * Fluency in C++ or Python
    * Mastery of controls algorithms deployed in real systems
    * Demonstrated ability to develop and execute
test plans providing focused results
Bonus Qualifications
    * Interested in production implementation
    * Experience working with automotive suppliers
About Zoox

Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully
autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting
ecosystem required to bring this technology to
market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial
intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to
provide the next generation of
mobility-as-a-service in urban environments.
We’re looking for top talent that shares our
passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and
highly execution-oriented team.

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/zoox-inc/>Follow us on LinkedIn

A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation
to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know
that diverse perspectives foster the innovation
we need to be successful, and we are committed to
building a team that encompasses a variety of
backgrounds, experiences, and skills.

--
Potential applicants should communicate directly