job_010622a: Senior Product Designer (Mechanical), Spanner Product Development (San Jose/Santa Cruz, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 23:11:28 +0000

Spanner Product Development agrees with Stanford's employer recruitment policy.

https://www.spannerpd.com/senior-product-designer-mechanical
Contact: join_at_spannerpd.com<mailto:join_at_spannerpd.com>

Spanner is a growing Silicon Valley engineering consultancy bringing to life cutting-edge hardware innovations for venture-funded entrepreneurs and Fortune 500 clients. Spanner specializes in the design and engineering of products for the world’s leading brands across a range of sectors including consumer electronics, household goods, professional equipment, wearables, health & wellness devices, and robotics.

We’re a close-knit and diverse team that delight in working together with our clients and partners to Make “What’s Next” Real, integrating award-winning industrial design with scalable engineering solutions. If you love design and engineering and have been looking for the chance to collaborate with some of the world’s top companies as well as game-changing ventures, then Spanner is for you.

Spanner is in search of a Senior Product Designer to join our team, supporting a world class consumer electronics client team of passionate engineers designing electromechanical systems to validate a very wide range of subsystems as part of the early design and development phase. We collaborate with our clients’ cross-functional engineers to design custom electromechanical assemblies and mechanical fixtures as part of the development of next generation cutting-edge consumer electronics technologies.

Key Qualifications
              • Hands-on product design experience in complex consumer electronic products, servers or similar products
              • 3D CAD experience required, NX preferred (+ Teamcenter a plus)
              • MCAD to ECAD exchange tools experience
              • Experience designing for CNC and 3D printing parts required
              • Experience creating 2D drawings and mechanical SOP’s
              • Experience implementing GD&T and mechanical tolerance analysis
              • Experience designing electromechanical PCBA’s and flex circuit technology in a high volume consumer electronics environment is required
              • Experience designing complex electromechanical assemblies, PCBA’s, motherboards, daughter cards, system test fixtures and jigs from concept through production.
              • Excellent written and verbal communication skills and people skills; ability to interact with management, team members and external vendors
              • Teamwork: must be able to communicate well with cross-functional team members, be able to efficiently collaborate with team members to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering development team.
              • Must be able to meet project deadlines in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
              • Be able to operate basic hand tools and perform fit-checks of prototypes and improve designs as needed.
              • Monitor and provide direct support to assemblers during product builds.
              • Other skills:
                             • Attention to details
                             • Ability to precisely apply design guidelines to products and check they are compliant before release to vendors
                             • Ability to adapt quickly and navigate in a complex corporate environment/processes
Description

You will be responsible for the end-to-end mechanical development of products supporting a number of custom electromechanical assemblies, system test fixtures and jigs (motherboards, daughter cards, PSU, display, input devices, etc).

You will work in close interaction with Electrical Engineers, PCB Designers, Thermal Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers and Program Managers.

Collaboration with multi-functional teams to ensure successful system integrations is a must.

You will drive internal development methodology and processes and provide experienced mentorship on design and fabrication issues.

Education & Experience
              • BS / MS in Mechanical Engineering is required
              • 5+ years of experience in consumer electronics or equivalent, electromechanical design from concept through mass production
              • Full time position located in Silicon Valley Spanner studio and client based locations.
We believe that diversity stimulates a creative environment and look to employ people with different backgrounds and approaches. We're committed to recruiting, promoting, and rewarding our people solely based on the ability to contribute to Spanner’s goals, without regard to sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.

This is a full-time, salaried position in our Silicon Valley studio. We are currently working in a hybrid work-from-home configuration and intend to transition back to hybrid in-person work when it is safe to return to work and reopen businesses, as deemed by county and city authorities.

spanner | Mason Curry | Silicon Valley, California | www.spannerpd.com<http://www.spannerpd.com/>