job_040622b: Postdoctoral Fellow - Medical Imaging, Spectroscopy and Artificial Intelligence, Invenio Imaging Inc (Santa Clara, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 21:55:08 +0000

Invenio Imaging Inc. agrees with Stanford's employer recruiting guidelines.

Postdoctoral Fellow - Medical Imaging, Spectroscopy and Artificial Intelligence
Invenio Imaging Inc. is a medical device start-up dedicated to advancing the care of cancer patients by streamlining intraoperative histology with our propriety laser imaging technology and artificial intelligence. Our first product, the NIO Laser Imaging System, has been used in over 2000 brain cancer surgeries and we are rapidly expanding into other fields of surgical oncology.

At Invenio, we are deeply driven and united in our mission to develop intelligent technology to enable clinicians to make real-time and informed treatment decisions that can greatly impact patient's lives.

Our technology was recently featured in the New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/06/health/artificial-intelligence-brain-cancer.html

A video of our technology can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgBZp5CiAnI&t=3s

We are hiring a postdoctoral fellow to drive the development of our second-generation imaging system, refine the sample preparation workflow for various organ types, and participate in AI development. The postdoctoral fellow will also have the opportunity to support trials of the imaging system at leading academic and private hospitals in CA. The postdoctoral fellow will report directly to the CTO and influence future technology decisions and implementations. This provides an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to transition from academia to medical industry and work as part of a small, multidisciplinary team shaping the creation of a medical device product from start-to-finish.

Specific duties include:
* Explore optimal imaging modalities for a second-generation imaging system and build prototypes
* Develop custom optics, electronics, and software for the beam-scanning microscopy platform
* Develop custom fixtures and test procedures for various electronic components
* Develop custom consumables to streamline sample preparation
* Support clinical trials for the resulting technology

Required Qualifications:
* PhD in biomedical engineering, chemistry, physics, or biology
* Background in microscopy and spectroscopy
* Experience in optics, electronics, and software development
* Strong interests in medical devices and clinical translation
* Motivated and independent worker

Location: Santa Clara (CA)

If you are interested to learn more, please contact us at: careers_at_invenio-imaging.com<mailto:careers_at_invenio-imaging.com>