job_040722a: Mechanical Design Engineer, Rapid Robotics Inc. (San Francisco, CA)

From: Kristin Burns <kburns_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 20:24:39 +0000

Rapid Robotics agrees to abide by Stanford University's employer Recruiting guidelines.

Job title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Company Contact: nick.szychowski_at_rapidrobotics.com<mailto:nick.szychowski_at_rapidrobotics.com>

Job Description:

Join us on our mission to make automation affordable and accessible!

At Rapid Robotics, we are transforming the manufacturing industry. Our mission is to make automation affordable and accessible. We are building robotic solutions for manufacturers that help drive innovation and change the work performed on factory floors. Our team developed the Rapid Machine Operator, a solution that can perform simple tasks in a matter of days rather than weeks and at a fraction of the cost of other automation solutions.

About the Role

We're looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join the hardware product team, who will work on the mechanical platform used as the core platform that is deployed at all customer facilities. You will be the designer integrating manipulation technology and perception products for industrial-grade environments. You can expect to work with computer vision experts, robotics and software engineers, as well as Rapid’s sales and deployment teams.

To be successful in this role, you will bring a productized mindset to a range of automation type environments, own the structure and product from concept ideation to production, as well as take an agile approach to hardware development with an emphasis on improving deployment speed for new customers with a common product framework.

In this role, you will:

Contribute individually and collaboratively to design the Rapid product mechanical details

Participate in the design process from conceptualization to manufacturing

Develop a mechanical design with consideration of computer vision, robotic, and software limitations

Thorough and innate ability to generate documentation

Manage prototype fabrication, assembly, and testing

Support ongoing and continuous improvement in manufacturing with vendors and existing relationships

Create and execute product reliability and validation test plans

Adapt to changes in requirements and project priority

You're a good fit if you have:

Bachelor or advanced degree in mechanical engineering, or equivalent experience

Experience with concept to production development cycles, including design for manufacturing

Familiarity with common manufacturing processes and automation in industry

Proficiency working concurrently in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team

Familiarity with analytical engineering tools, finite element analysis, and mathematical modeling and simulation packages

Strong first principle design methodology

Proficiency with 3D CAD tools, particularly SolidWorks

Familiarity and expertise with additive manufacturing and rapid prototyping tools and methods

Strong written and verbal communication skills

One of our biggest priorities is helping you and your family thrive. We're committed to supporting your happiness, healthiness and overall wellbeing by providing a comprehensive benefits program. Here are only a few things we offer when you join the team:

401K

Medical - Anthem & Kaiser

Dental - Guardian

Vision - VSP

Disability Insurance

Employee Assistance Program

Health Savings Account (HSA)

Flexible Spending (FSA)

Commuter Benefits

Gym & Travel Discounts

Noise-Cancelling Headphone Spend

Wellness Reimbursement

Anniversary Milestone Rewards

Phone Reimbursement

Team Events

At Rapid Robotics, our team is what makes us special. We are proudly committed to cultivating a culture of diversity, inclusion, and connectedness that celebrates our differences in identity, experience, and point of view. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and empowers everyone to bring their whole, authentic selves to work.

Rapid Robotics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, sex, age, educational background, national origin, citizenship, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or expression, lifestyle, veteran status, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.

Rapid Robotics requires full COVID vaccination for employment in accordance with our Company's Vaccination Policy.

Thank you,

Nick Szychowski
--
[https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1S8IdALUKC06X40YkhqZMYsDh1kqlvUtV&export=download]